Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shine Bright Like A Diamond - All On My Own and Being Supported By Many




There's something so powerful about the feeling of CHANGE. Sometimes we are asking for it and make an effort towards seeing it. Other times we feel like we're slapped in the face with it or someone just whipped a rug from under you to see you fall right off your feet. After my very first competition, I had gladfully joined a competition team and worked with wonderful people and made so many new friends over the last year. By the time I came back from Fitness Universe in Miami this June, things within the team had shifted and I was about to feel some "change". As the summer came to an end and the warm fuzzy feeling of my Fitness Universe win started to wear off, I began to prep for Fitness America. I also was adjusting to the new reality that I would be competitng at such a large show all on my own for the first time.

At about 6 weeks out from Vegas, I had the pleasure of guest performing an old fitness routine at a regional Fitness America show in Illinois (my home state). The experience was different because I was traveling to the event on my own and had been use to being a part of a team with my last few competitions. I'll admit that with the 7 1/2 hour drive by myself I had a lot of mental challenges trying to bring me down. The good thing was that I was there to only perform and not compete. I think my mind would have worn my body out. Instead I was able to relax and self-talk the night before that everything was going to be okay and that I'm strong enough to handle this CHANGE. By the next day I was able to connect with new and old friends, perform for the crowd and watch old-teammates rock the stage and win some titles!

 
Over the next 6 weeks, things kept falling into place for my trip to Las Vegas for my biggest competition of the year. I had saved my favorite Rihanna song "Where Have You Been" for a year to use just at this show because I knew it had my power-house style and was so much fun to choreograph too. Within a day of reaching out on Facebook about needing a roommate, a friend I met competiting in Miami immediately contacted me and said it would be great to room together in Vegas. After that I was overjoyed to find out that my friend Jacque Combs who owns Muscle Glam Competition Tanning, was able to plan on coming to Vegas and would be available to tan me. Then I had a wonderful surprise that the well-knowned photographer Don Bersano, who I met while guest performing in Illinois was also going to be at Fitness America and would be available for a photo shoot my first day out there.
 

 
 
 
My reflection onCHANGE: I've realized that either way the change appears, it's up to me to how I choose to handle it. A mentor of mine told me that there were two lessons to walk away with.
(1.) I will always be underestimated and (2.) People will try to take advantage of me. He also shared his vision for me. He told me that he saw me as a leader and a coach, but he wanted me to make sure that I focused on finding clients who I thought were better than me. This was a bold statement for me to here, but the timing was right. I was beginning to see how this change was a blessing for me and that I was meant for something bigger and brighter.
 
Check out this cute little vimeo video
of snapshots from my time in Vegas!
 
 
 
Upcoming "PEANUT" Events
 
 

I will be hosting my very first Competition Seminar! I am beyond thrilled to be focusing on how I can help other competitors with their prep and posing for shows this next season. I won't be competing until June for Fitness Universe so I have plenty of time to devote to new clients!

When: Sunday, January 13th
Time: 1 - 4pm (Bring heels for a chance to walk/pose and bring a snack)
Where: Metro Lofts Snap Fitness, St Paul MN
Cost: $45 early registration and $60 after 1.6.12
Reserve your spot today by emailing bethanyjn@gmail.com

 

 
 

Can't wait to go to Atlanta for this awesome event! I'll be sharing my story on how I got into health & fitness from my journey with chronic pain and food allergies. You can read my transformation story here:
Send me a note @ bethanyjn@gmail.com if you're interested in coming with me!! I'd love some friends to travel with ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment


BethanyJN's Fitness Routine at Fitness America 2012

BethanyJN's Fitness Routine at Fitness America 2011



Interview Round (TOP 10 FINALIST) - FITNESS AMERICA 2011